Keeping Western India in line
Pipeline Replacement Project – 3
Background/overview of services
ONGC required replacement of existing pipelines and new pipelines for better management of field due to ageing of field and deteriorating condition of existing pipelines. Phase 3 of pipeline replacement campaign included 27 rigid pipeline, 5 flexible pipelines and 4 umbilical lines along with associated risers and I/J-tubes. Design and installation was split for two separate installation campaign. INTECSEA scope of work was to perform detailed design and construction support for all pipeline and riser replacements.
- The field layout is congested with a high number of pipeline and cable crossings (up to 38 crossings per pipeline)
- Crowded platforms require direct pipeline approach without use of spool.
- Short project schedule for design and fabrication due to short weather window.
- Project delivery was completed within the schedule due to tight integration with EPC contractor’s parallel design and fabrication.
- The design was optimized to minimize installation time and raw material usage; this translated to significant cost savings for EPC contractor.
- INTECSEA’s design met both EPC Contractor and ultimate client’s technical requirement. Consequently, INTECSEA was awarded with Heera Field Development Phase II and Additional Pipeline Project for ONGC.