Deeper understanding of challenges for Chevron
Buckskin Moccasin Project
Scope of Services
Engineering and procurement services for the Pre-FEED and FEED phases of the Buckskin-Moccasin Project. An integrated team of INTECSEA, WorleyParsons and Chevron personnel is currently executing the FEED and procurement services for the tieback of three subsea drill centers in the Buckskin and Moccasin fields, located on the Outer Continental Shelf of the Gulf of Mexico, to the nearby Anadarko Lucius Spar facility. The project team is executing the project from the INTECSEA office in Houston, with support from INTECSEA offices in Woking (UK), Singapore and Hyderabad (India).
- Successful execution of the co-located integrated team approach between engineering contractor and the client
- Support of procurement of long-lead items required advanced engineering of specific systems/components during the Pre-FEED phase.
- The high pressure high temperature (HPHT) subsea system is located in deep water (approx. 7,000 ft.), requiring advanced engineering techniques for the subsea equipment, flowlines, risers and umbilicals (e.g. utilization of SAFEBUCK for flowline lateral buckling design)
- Long-distance (23 mile) tie-back of Moccasin field to host facility is challenging for flow assurance of the production flowlines, the design of the chemical injection system and umbilicals, and also the transmission of electrical power for the seabed booster pumps.
- Development has to accommodate the constraints related to tie-back of a green-field development to an existing 3rd-party host facility
- Subsea boosting and riser base gas lift are both being investigated to improve productivity and recovery
- Engineering for the support of the major long-lead packages is complete.
- Integrated project team approach has resulted in high level of alignment, minimal rework, and a streamlined technical solution.
- Progress on engineering deliverables and major packages has been consistently on or ahead of the project schedule, allowing the client to leverage market conditions to an optimal technical and commercial outcome.